REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN
The Southern Christian Writers Conference (in partnership with TAB Media Group) provides inspiration and instruction for aspiring and published writers of faith. The SCWC has brought writers together since 1991 at its annual workshop and other writing events, and is recognized as one of the best conferences in the nation.
Our annual SCWC workshop will take place on June 4-5, 2021. This year’s conference will be a “hybrid” event, with limited in-person attendance and Covid protocols AND a simultaneous virtual conference. We are so excited to be able to bring the 2021 event to more people than ever!
In this virtual workshop, Cindy and Mitzi Eaker, CEO, and founder of Mitzi Jane Media, will take students through brainstorming for ideas, time management, and sales funnels topics. Learn how to use social media to connect with your target market, learn what platform you need to be on, and best practices for creating your community.
Space is limited – 50 seats left
October 19, 2019
The Island Church, 25550 Canal Rd, Orange Beach, AL
The workshop includes:
2 teaching sessions by Deborah Malone:
* The hows and whys of writing a Christian novel
* Plotting, Characterization, and other fiction techniques
2 teaching sessions by Cheryl Wray:
* Submitting a fiction book proposal
* Staying on track and on purpose with your writing
* Lunch and snacks provided
* Fellowship with other writers
Cost is just $45
Leaders: Deborah Malone & Cheryl Wray, Hostess: Cindy Jones
This one-day Fiction Writing Workshop will be led by mystery novelist Deborah Malone and SCWC coordinator Cheryl Wray; it will be held at The Island Church in beautiful Orange Beach, Alabama.
Deborah Malone’s first novel, Death in Dahlonega (Lamp Post Publishing) was a finalist in the American Christian Fiction Writer’s Category Five writing contest. Subsequent novels in the Trixie Montgomery Cozy Mystery series are Murder in Marietta, Terror on Tybee Island, Buckhead Dead, Chilled in Chattanooga, and Decatur Dead. Deborah was nominated for 2012 and 2013 Georgia Author of the Year in the novel category, and was awarded it in 2018 in the inspiration category for her book, “Blooming in Broken Places.” She is a member of the Georgia Writers Association, Advanced Writers and Speakers Association, and the American Christian Fiction Writers; she has also presented at the SCWC annual workshop.
Cheryl Wray is the coordinator of the Southern Christian Writers Conference, an organization that attracts more than 200 attendees at its annual workshop. She is a freelance writer, book author, and instructor of journalism; her book, Writing for Magazines, was a Featured Selection of the Writer’s Digest Book Club and she currently writes for the Alabama Media Group. She loves to encourage writers of faith in their creative pursuits.
2018 Fall Write, Publish &
Market Your Way to Success
Thank you to everyone that turned out.
It was a great event and we were packed!
If you are interested in this workshop for the future,
please contact me.
Registration is full!
If you would like to get on the waiting list in case we have cancelations, please send me an email.
Cjones (@) cindymjones (dot) com.
Write, Publish, and Market Your Way to Success
Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018
Christian Life – The Island Church
25550 Canal Rd, Orange Beach, AL 36561
This is a one-day intensive workshop branching off of the 2018 Southern Christian Writer’s Conference. Topics will focus on the process of finding your writing niche, having publishing success, and using social media to market yourself and your work. This is mainly for nonfiction.
* The workshop will run from 10-3, which means you can come-and-go. But it’s in Orange Beach, so you could make it into a writing getaway at the beach!
* At $30, the price is super affordable.
* We have 40 spots open. Let us know if you are interested and we’ll put you on the list! Don’t wait.
* Cheryl Wray, director of the Southern Christian Writer’s Conference, will do two sessions to begin at 10 and 11.
* There will be an hour break for lunch (which is provided);
* Cindy Jones will lead the second sessions after lunch at 1 and 2.
* This is designed for nonfiction writers, but fiction writers can also benefit from the tips and practices discussed.
* Cheryl is a prolific freelancer who has published thousands of articles, currently works as a sportswriter for the Alabama Media Group, teaches as an adjunct professor at the University of Alabama, and is the author of numerous books on writing.
* Cindy is a marketing dynamo who runs a social media marketing business specifically geared toward solo-entrepreneurs and creative artists. She speaks regularly on marketing topics and is also a published author and successful blogger.